The phrase “Personal Information” refers to information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or other billing information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of your Personal Information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including: your application, donation, when you call or email us, or when you participate in our activities or events. We also may obtain information about you from your next of kin, spouse, friends and other third parties and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above.
- Donation and / or Payment details (including your name, NRIC No, and address) if you make a donation or make payment for our services.
- Your demographic information (such as postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity and other information deemed “sensitive” under applicable law). We collect this information through the registration process, or in the manner described above.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the services you have requested and to maintain our relationship with you;
- Operational purposes including application, assessment of your eligibility for employment, volunteerism, subsidies, grants and statistical analysis;
- Process submission to IRAS for auto tax deduction;
- For publicity purposes, conducting research and surveys with the aim of improving our services.
A third-party providing services to us (e.g., outsourced IT vendor) may collect / process personal data on our behalf. In any such case, we have arrangements in place so that the third-party service provider is under a contractual obligation to ensure that your personal data is protected and not used by the service provider for any purpose other than providing the specific contracted service to you.
With Whom We Disclose
We may share and combine your information internally across different Centres; for the uses described above under the heading “How We Use the Information We Collect.”
We also may disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Identity verification, sanction screening and due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law or regulation;
- To comply with law or regulation, including requests from regulators, government, and tax or law enforcement authorities.
Protection and Retention of Your Personal Information
Security of Personal Data is important to us and GEHA take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
GEHA shall retain individual’s personal data only for as long as it is reasonable to fulfil the purpose for which the information was collected for or as required by law.
- make amendment to any inaccurate personal data held by us, or
- make changes to your preferred choices for us to get in touch with you, or
- withdraw or update changes on your personal data.
How to Contact Us
Via email: DPO@geha.org.sg or by calling 6842 6643 or by fax: 6741 7948, or
By letter to Geylang East Home for the Aged, Blk 97, Aljunied Crescent, #01-439, Singapore 380097.
Attention: PDPA Officer.
Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
We may refute your access in cases when such related personal data is under legal proceeding, no proper identification or request is carried out with suspected fraudulent intent.
Do take note that withdrawal of personal data as client would result in GEHA not being able to continue fulfilling our services to the client.